Parent Support and Education
Stuttering can be a confusing thing, so Our Time is here to help! Whether your child is receiving therapy from Our Time, from school, or from a private practice, we are happy to advice you about therapy options. Feel free to contact us and a highly trained speech-language pathologist will call you as soon as possible.
Our Time's parent group meets for two hours, once per month, and is designed to provide parents of school-age children, teens, and adults who stutter support and education. Each meeting will give parents the opportunity to express concerns, fears, accomplishments, etc. as well discuss a pre-determined topic, lead by a professional in the field. Past presentations included:
- Stuttering 101
- How to advocate for your child in school
- Stuttering support groups versus therapy
- Learn how to stutter
- Ask questions to a panel of successful adults who stutter
- Ask questions to a panel of children who stutter
- Talk to world renowned speech-language pathologists in the field about stuttering and get your questions answered
Our Time is thrilled to announce that Meredith Vieira will be hosting our 2014 Annual Benefit Gala on April 28th, 2014! Save the date!
Click here to enroll in Our Time for the Spring! Our programs are now available in New York City, New Jersey, Long Island and Westchester!