Parent Support and Education
Stuttering can be a confusing thing, so Our Time is here to help! Whether your child is receiving therapy from Our Time, from school, or from a private practice, we are happy to advice you about therapy options. Feel free to contact us and a highly trained speech-language pathologist will call you as soon as possible.
Our Time's parent group meets for two hours, once per month, and is designed to provide parents of school-age children, teens, and adults who stutter support and education. Each meeting will give parents the opportunity to express concerns, fears, accomplishments, etc. as well discuss a pre-determined topic, lead by a professional in the field. Past presentations included:
- Stuttering 101
- How to advocate for your child in school
- Stuttering support groups versus therapy
- Learn how to stutter
- Ask questions to a panel of successful adults who stutter
- Ask questions to a panel of children who stutter
- Talk to world renowned speech-language pathologists in the field about stuttering and get your questions answered
Our Time is proud to present our first ever Mentor Project! Pre-teens, teens, and alums have come together to create songs, stories, skits, plays, poems, you name it! Presented at The Signature Theatre on June 21-23rd.
Movie star and Our Time board member Paul Rudd hosted a Bowling Benefit at Lucky Strike on October 22nd! CLICK HERE for all the information on the event!